Gainesville Termite Control
Gainesville, Virginia is a rapidly expanding community in Prince William County. Over the last twenty years the population has doubled and the growth of businesses and homes is great. It makes Gainesville an up and coming area to live. Located about 35 miles from Washington D.C., it has a planned commuter train stop that should be finished in 2022. With the warm springs and cool falls along with a mild winter, it is a great place to buy a home and raise a family.
Your home is your biggest investment and it is important to protect your home from any damage that may happen from pests like termites. The mild winters make it easy for termites to thrive and survive. With the new construction many termites are looking for places to live outside of their displaced habitat. It is important to take the steps to protect your investment by spotting a termite infestation before it becomes serious. At EcoTek, we offer free termite inspections and estimates.
EcoTek has been providing quality termite control services since 2011. Our trained technicians can quickly identify any issues and create a plan designed specifically for your property. Each estimate will also include optional termite damage repair services. EcoTek offers both conventional and organic treatment options. Contact us today if you think you might have termites.
- Termites can cause thousands of dollars to your home in a very short period of time. Termites will steadily eat through the wood of your home all while remaining hidden. It is important to regularly have your home inspected for…Read more 5 Home Maintenance Projects to Protect Yourself from Termites ›Read More »
- If you are concerned about termites, you may be wondering what you can do to protect your home from the invasion of termites. Termites serve an important part in the ecosystem. They help to break trees and wood back into…Read more 5 Things That Attract Termites to Your Home and Property ›Read More »
- Termites and carpenter ants are two different insects that can cause damage to your home. These wood boring insects can affect the property value of your home and can cause significant damage to your home. The treatment method is different…Read more How Are Termites and Carpenter Ants Different From Each Other? ›Read More »
How to Determine if You Have Termites
Often a termite inspection can be difficult to spot until the colony of termites have already caused thousands of dollars in damages. If you wait until you locate a colony of termites under your home, your home may already need serious structural repairs. Some signs of an infestation include:
- Mud Tubes—These small pencil-like tubes can be spotted on your foundation, leading up to your home. If you break them open, you will likely find termites inside of them.
- Wood Damage—Wood damage will appear to long narrow grooves at and below the surface of your wood services.
- Discarded Wings—Termites will shed their wings after they swarm, since they no longer need them. Seeing piles of discarded wings is a sign of a new colony.
The best strategy to dealing with termites is to schedule regular inspections to be sure that you do not have any. EcoTek offers free inspections that can give you peace of mind for your home. If you do have termites, our technician will provide you with a free estimate that will address eliminating the termites and cleaning up the damage. Additionally, there will be a summary for estimated cost of reconstruction for the damaged areas. This is not a required service, but our damage repair service is less expensive than many independent contractors or other companies. EcoTek’s turnkey termite control solutions will cover the extermination, cleaning and repair to damages done, as well as a continuing service to keep the termites from returning.
Extremely Powerful Termite Treatments
EcoTek’s termite treatment is very effective at killing termites. It consists of Termidor SC, which is applied to the top of the foundation of your home. Termidor SC is the leading liquid insecticide treatment for five consecutive years. The treatment works as a barrier, when the termites pass through it, they pick it up and carry it back to the colony where it eliminates the queen and the rest of the colony. It will also work to prevent future infestations.
Chemical Free Monitoring Stations
At EcoTek, we offer a chemical free monitoring option. Our technicians will install EcoTek Term-Pro stations around your property. These stations contain wood and cardboard that naturally attract termites. Our technicians will monitor the bait stations and apply safe, protected methods to eliminate the termites. This allows our technicians to detect when termites are invading your property.
Termite Service Areas
Wood Destroying Insect Reports and Free Inspection Services
Our Wood Destroying Insect Reports (WDIR 100) will give you the most extensive free termite inspection in the industry. The WDIR 100 reports on the condition of your home in relation to WDOs (wood destroying organisms). In addition to looking for possible termite issues, the report will look for issues caused by carpenter bees, powder post beetles and wood borers. These reports are used when buying or selling a home as well as when you are applying for a mortgage.
- Residential Builder Services
- Multi-family units
- Commercial properties
- Institutional properties
+Structural TermiteGuard Warranty and Renewal Program
EcoTek offers a +Structural termite coverage agreement that will not only eliminate the termites from your home and works to stop them from coming back, but it will provide your home additional protection from other pests. EcoTek will work to eliminate roaches, bed bugs, fleas, tick ants and any other unwelcome insect in your home. EcoTek guarantees a pest free environment. The +Structural TermiteGuard warranty states that if there is any termite damage or activity after we do a treatment or after we start monitoring your home with bait stations, that EcoTek will return to remove the pests, clean, decontaminate and make repairs at no expense to you.